Jungle Safari | Safari Zones | How to book Safari | Safari Vehicles | Safari Terms & Conditions
Ranthambore National Park is one of the best places to explore different kinds of wildlife including Bengal Tigers. Ranthambore Jungle Safari Booking can be made 90 days before date of visit. Jungle Safari is major attraction and one of the most popular options to spot animal movement and admire beautiful landscape in Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve.Jungle safari in Ranthambore offers the visitor a chance to explore variety of animals residing in the park.There are two safaris a day from October to June, one starting in the morning and the other late in the afternoon. The tour lasts for 3 ½ hour by jeep (open top roof gypsy) or canter (open top roof bus).You will visit the park in a 20 seater open canter (Top roof bus) or 06 seater open top roof jeep, both of which we have re-fitted and furbished for comfort and good viewing. Our trackers are from families who have known the jungle and its animals for generations.
There are 10 different safari zones for tourists inside the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve. You can book your safari and choose your preferred safari zone 90 days before date of visit. After 90 days required zones are subject to availability. Both Canters and Jeeps travel on same zones.Both offer the same opportunity for wildlife viewing. All zone take you to the heart of the park and such there is no bad zone. Different zones are better on different days and this can be ascertained only a day or two before. At the time of entry, each vehicle is allotted a zone and it not allowed to stray from their allotted zone. Within the zone the vehicles can go anywhere on the network of zones that exists in the zone, and you will have the opportunity of sightings of Sambhar Deer, Indian Gazelle, Blue Bull (Nilgai), Spotted Deer, Langhur Monkey, Sloth Bear and many birds. The area also boosts several Leopards. Follow the footprints and you may well be rewarded with a sighting of this beautiful animal and if you are very lucky the King of the Jungle - the Tiger may well wander by!
Zone 01: Singhdwar Raipur, Amreshwar Dang, Tuti ka Nalla, Sultanpur, Gada Dub, Peela Pani, exit from Singhdwar
Zone 02: Jogi Mahal, Jhalra, Kamaldhar, Amrai Phoota Bandha, Pandudeh, Guda, Gandharia, Polkya, exit from Jogi Mahal
Zone 03: Jogi Mahal, Padam Talab, Raj Bagh, Mandook, High Point, exit from Jogi Mahal
Zone 04: Singhdwar, Tamakhan, Malik Talab, Lakarda, Berda, Semli, Adidaant, Lambi, exit from Singhdwar
Zone 05: Singhdwar, Jokha, Kachida, Dhakda, Baghda, Bakola, Anatpura, exit from Singhdwar
Zone 06: (Kundal): Rajbagh Naka, Palli Darwaza, Kundal Area, Patwa Baori, Sonkach, Kala Pani, exit from Rajbagh Naka
Zone 07: (Chidikho): Rajbagh Naka, Chidikho, Jamoda, Kushalipura, exit from Rajbagh Naka
Zone 08: (Balas): Balas, Neemli Dang, Kali Bhat, Kherai, Mahakho, exit from Balas
Zone 09: ( Kuwalji) Approx 45 kms
Zone 10: Kushalipura , Bodal , Halonda ,Banskhori , Aantri , exit from Devpura
How to Book Safari
Safari booking at Ranthambhore National Park is controlled by the Dept. of Forest (Govt. of India). As per the current policy 20 jeeps(06 seater) and 20 canters(20 seater) allowed to enter the park per drive (morning and afternoon) park entrance fees & vehicles are paid in advance on a first come first served basis against a non-refundable, 100% deposit basis only. Vehicle allocation takes place on the day of safari.
Jeep and Canter safari booking procedures –
- To book safari we require written request including all visitor's full names would be going for safari.
- We need an identification proof. The only identification proof that is accepted for foreigners is the passport number with nationality.
- For Indian national identification proof that are accepted are any one of the following - Passport numbers / Driving license number / Pan card Number / Voter Identity card Number / School ID / Government ID.
- We need copy of everyone (These should be scanned and emailed, as soon as available) which is required to be submitted before safari and please carry original same Id at the time of safari.
- Please mention dates of drives including morning and afternoon information along with the type of vehicle required i.e. jeep / canter.
- Jeep safari in Ranthambhore is subject to availability.
- Preferred safari zones are subject to availability until the drive.
- Your boarding palace or hotel name in Ranthambhore.
- We require full advance payment in ₹ (Indian Rupees), as all safaris are booked in advance on a 100% non-refundable & non-transferable deposit basis.
- Identity proof is must before entry into the park.
There are two types of vehicles permitted into Ranthambhore National Park- the 4 wheel drive jeeps (Open to roof Gypsys, which seat up to 6 visitors) and 16 or 20 seater Canters (open top roof buses).There are a limited number of vehicles allowed into the park, a maximum of 40 vehicles, 17 jeeps for tourist and 3 jeeps for VIP and 20 Canters at any one time. All these vehicles are attached to the Forest department and owned and run by local people. Vehicles that are not attached to the forest department are not permitted into the park. Gypsys and Canters are booked in advance and visitors are strongly advised to book their safaris, particularly jeep safaris, well in advance.
Canter Safari in Ranthambore National Park
Canter safari is the most supreme style to watch the exotic wildlife. Most of the wildlife lovers prefer to go on Canter safari. At a time Canter safari can accommodate 16-20 people. It gives personal delight of sightseeing and unique experience of exploring magnificent vicinity of the park. The safari can be enjoyed in two different times-either early in the morning or in the late afternoon with naturalist.
Jeep Safari in Ranthambore National Park
Jeep Safari in Ranthambore is one of the most popular options to spot animal movement and admire beautiful landscape of the park. Jeeps are open topped vehicle which can accommodate up to 6 people at a time. You can enjoy the personalized and enriched experience of jeep safari in Ranthambore either in the morning or in the afternoon with naturalist.
Safari Terms & Conditions
- Right of Admission is reserved with The Government of Rajasthan.
- Park may be closed without any prior notice to visitor in case of emergency.
- No refund / cancellation are permissible after confirmed booking.
- Bookings are non-transferable.
- Reserved seats cannot be resold / exchanged with any other visitor.
- Photo copy of the Identity proof is required to be submitted before entry into the park.
- Identity proof is must before entry into the park. Original ID proof will also be checked at the same time.
- Cost of Ticket and Accessories may change after booking and visitor will be liable to pay the difference at the time of entry into the park in case of any revision in rates.
- The visitor is required to positively report for boarding Gypsy/Canter 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of any designated boarding point.
- There are no charges for Still Camera.
- The Field Director/Conservator of Forests can prohibit the use of mobile phones by visitors inside any national park /sanctuary.
- A minimum seat required for any canter dispatch in the park is 18 seats, in case the seats booked are less than minimum required quantity, Department reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- In case the passengers are less than the capacity of the vehicle than the difference of vehicle entry free applicable uniformly per person will be charged extra.
- Any amendment to the safari programme after guests arrival must be made in writing otherwise revised requirements cannot be guaranteed.
- For park safari Forest Department is charging full advance payment Vehicle hire charges, Vehicle park entry fee, visitors entry fee and naturalist charges. Vehicles are released by Forest Department only when they receive full advance payment and all the advance bookings are non refundable and non adjustable.
- Where safari bookings have been made in advance and confirmed to you in writing, a cancellation/amendment fee equal to 100% of the visitor entry fees + vehicle entry fees + vehicle hire charges + naturalist fees will be charged for any cancellation or amendment to the safari programme, according to the vehicle request.
- Where safari bookings have not been confirmed as booked in writing to you, no cancellation/amendment fee will be charged for any cancellation or amendment to the safari programme.
- If Visitors arrive late and miss their 1st safari a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the visitors entry fees + vehicle entry fees + vehicle hire charges + naturalist fees will be charged.
- If visitors refuse to go on safari at the same time a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the visitors entry fees + vehicle entry fees + vehicle hire charges + naturalist fees will be charged.
- If Visitor choose an alternative excursion i.e. Fort drive instead of safari at the same time a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the visitors entry fees + vehicle entry fees + vehicle hire charges + naturalist fees will be charged, together with the cost of the alternative excursion.
- Where some members of a group of visitors refuse to go on a safari at the same time a fee equal to 100% of the full group No. of visitor entry fees + vehicle entry fees + the full group No. of seat charges + naturalist fees will be charged.
- Where canters are not running (particularly during the latter part of the season) a request for canter seat drives may not be available. We reserve the right to provide safaris by jeep and will charge jeep rates accordingly.
- Park may be closed without any prior notice to visitor
- All vehicles will remain subject to availability until the drive.
- Please note that any changes in entrance fees or govt. taxes will be extra and will have to be paid by Guest or Travel Agent.Any changes in policies by Ranthambhore park authority will be intimated to you and will be applicable for all future booking.
- Terms and Conditions are subject to change, may append or amend without prior notice or information due to various Govt. Policies.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in Validity Periods, Rate Seasons, Contracted periods, Applicable laws or government policies.